The program aims for managers and/or those who will be assuming management functions in the short term in Overseas Power Plant.
A program with:
– Practical content adapted to the needs of today’s managers;
– The opportunity to tap into the rich and diversified knowledge of fellow participants;
– Experienced professors with in-depth knowledge of their respective fields.
This program will enable participants to:
– develop a management method that takes into account all of the aspects of their business;
– reinforce their generic skills and rid themselves of learned behaviors that hinder efficiency;
– improve their knowledge, skills and management practices;
– familiarize themselves with current practices and recognize the interdependence of various corporate functions;
reinforce their strategic perspective of management issues;
understand the impact of major economic and social trends on corporate management.
The professors at HEC Montréal use a broad range of teaching methods based on practical methods and oriented towards developing management skills and capabilities. The program’s pedagogical approaches are focused on practical experiences designed to develop strong management and action skills: case studies, debates and discussions, conferences and talks given by guest lecturers and keynote speakers.
Company visits and Conferences
The Overseas Power Plant Management Program is combined with keynote speakers, conferences and company visits. Conference speakers are practitioners in the field and expert consultants chosen for their expertise in the energy sector, as well as for their talents in executive development. Company visits and conferences will give the opportunity to participants to interact and exchange views on international best practices. Specifically, a power plant tour with presentations conducted by engineers on the topics of operation, maintenance and overhaul and dispatching will be organized.