The EMDP is a tailor-made program that offers participants and companies the advantage of flexibility, by clustering seminars according to the organization’s training needs.
The International Executive Education Team, in collaboration with the partner organization, will design a customized program by selecting:
✓ The location
HEC Montréal professors can give their seminar in any international location or in the high-tech facilities of HEC Montréal.
✓ The language
All seminars are available in English, French or with simultaneous translation into any other language.
✓ The structure
A variety of seminars and topics can be chosen from our extensive selection.
✓ The format
For example, each topic can be offered as a two- or three-day seminar. Seminars held in Montreal can be combined with complementary industrial visits or conferences by experts from leading energy organizations.
Our executive seminars are intended for middle and senior managers working for oil, gas and electricity companies in the public and private sectors. The main objective of the program is to prepare participants for greater responsibilities by ensuring that they master key management concepts and develop leadership skills.
All seminars combine theory and practice to ensure students gain a broad view of key issues in the energy sector, together with the analytical tools that facilitate decision making. Upon completion of the EMDP, participants will have acquired general and specific theoretical and practical concepts that underlie administration of today’s energy firm, ranging from management skills to the development of operational and investment plans and strategies.
The program is offered in English with translation in Chinese.
Participants attended to 10 modules within the following:
Management of the Energy Sector
– Introductory Management
– Corporate Management
– Strategic Management in the Energy Industry
– Business and Corporate Govenance
– Change Management
– Management Simulation: Globstrat
– Organizational Structure and Management System for most Electricity Firms
– Strategic Performance Management (KPI)
– Managerial Economics
– Supply Chain Management
– Marketing Energy Products
– Management Accounting
– Human Resources Management
– Strategic Human Performance Management
– Talent Management: a process to achieve business objectives through people
– Decision Support Tools
Challenges of the Energy Sector
– Electricity Market : Mastering Competition through a Simulation
– New Energy Sector: A Worldwide Perspective
– Energy Regulation and Law
– Energy Planning and Demand Forecasting
– Environment Management and Sustainable Development
– Social, Environmental and Economic Issues
– Optimal Management of Production Systems
– The Smart Grid for Managers and Technical Leaders
– Renewable Electricity Market Integration
On-demand Specialized Energy Seminars with personalized content
HEC Montréal constantly develops tailor-made seminars to meet the training needs of our partners. Recently, we have offered seminars on the following topics:
– Effective Safety Management
– Dams Safety
– Dams and Rivers Management for Power Plant
– Crisis Management and Dealing with the Unexpected
– Power Plant Operations and Transmission Management
– Power Plant Optimization
– International Treaties and Agreements
We also have the capability of designing seminars on the following cutting-edge topics:
– Energy efficiency best practices: financing & organizational challenges
– Energy data: sources, availability and use
– Reliability centered maintenance (RCM)
In addition, we regularly organize field and industrial visits in conjunction with our seminars:
– Hydro-Quebec power plants
– Hydro-Quebec research institute (IREQ) and Electrium (electricity interpretation centre)
– Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator
– Alberta’s oil sands exploitation
The professors at HEC Montréal use a broad range of teaching methods based on practical methods and oriented towards developing management skills and capabilities. The program’s pedagogical approaches are focused on practical experiences designed to develop strong management and action skills: case studies, debates and discussions, conferences and talks given by guest lecturers.